Monday, September 22, 2014

Maybelline Plum As You Are

Hope ya'll had a great weekend!  Today I have another fall polish for you from Maybelline.  This one is from their Fashion Rocks collection.  I first saw this swatched on Amanda from Pretty Girl Science and thought I have to have this.

I was browsing the polish section at my CVS the other day and found it!  It was pretty much a miracle because none of them were in a display.  Actually, there wasn't even a display for Fashion Rocks any where to be seen.  They were just sitting haphazardly on a corner of some wooden display.  Some one tell me why I still patronize this CVS.

Plum As You Are is a dark gray with subtle fine pink shimmer.  The way the shimmer just peeks through the gray base reminds me of a few polishes: Rescue Beauty Lounge Piu Mosso, Revlon Perplex, and Essie Armed and Ready.  The shimmer in this is so subtle that it's not noticeably apparent in light that isn't bright.

I didn't have any issues with the formula.  I'm not a fan of tiny brushes since I have wide nails, but such is life.

This is 2 coats.  Again, the shimmer isn't this apparent in most lights.

maybelline-plum-as-you-are-fashion-rocks-swatch

maybelline plum as you are swatch

maybelline-plum-as-you-are-swatch

12 comments :

  1. О, my God!!!! It's the masterpiece! ) Thanks)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty polish! I love it when awesome drugstore finds like this one turn up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sucks that the shimmer shows only in certain light, but when it does it looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your nails 
    And I just have to say it, the layout of your blog looks so stunning!
    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've been contemplating changing things up a bit since it a bit plain, but I think I'll leave it!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for visiting!