Monday, September 22, 2014

Maybelline Plum As You Are

Hope ya'll had a great weekend!  Today I have another fall polish for you from Maybelline.  This one is from their Fashion Rocks collection.  I first saw this swatched on Amanda from Pretty Girl Science and thought I have to have this.

I was browsing the polish section at my CVS the other day and found it!  It was pretty much a miracle because none of them were in a display.  Actually, there wasn't even a display for Fashion Rocks any where to be seen.  They were just sitting haphazardly on a corner of some wooden display.  Some one tell me why I still patronize this CVS.

Plum As You Are is a dark gray with subtle fine pink shimmer.  The way the shimmer just peeks through the gray base reminds me of a few polishes: Rescue Beauty Lounge Piu Mosso, Revlon Perplex, and Essie Armed and Ready.  The shimmer in this is so subtle that it's not noticeably apparent in light that isn't bright.

I didn't have any issues with the formula.  I'm not a fan of tiny brushes since I have wide nails, but such is life.

This is 2 coats.  Again, the shimmer isn't this apparent in most lights.

maybelline-plum-as-you-are-fashion-rocks-swatch

maybelline plum as you are swatch

maybelline-plum-as-you-are-swatch

16 comments :

  1. О, my God!!!! It's the masterpiece! ) Thanks)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty polish! I love it when awesome drugstore finds like this one turn up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *drops dead* this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sucks that the shimmer shows only in certain light, but when it does it looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your nails 
    And I just have to say it, the layout of your blog looks so stunning!
    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've been contemplating changing things up a bit since it a bit plain, but I think I'll leave it!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên order đặt mua vòng tay pandora, nước hoa pháp chính hãng cũng như giải đáp thuế khi mua hàng trên amazon như thế nào, mua hàng trên aliexpress có an toàn không cũng như phí vận chuyển hàng trung quốc giá rẻ như thế nào.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for visiting!