Saturday, October 25, 2014

HPB October Halloween Mani Link-Up

Halloween is fast approaching, so what better way to get in the spirit than with Halloween themed manis!  The Hobby Polish Bloggers Facebook group is starting up their first of  monthly link-ups with a Halloween theme which is perfect.  The HPB is a group of polish bloggers on Facebook that talk about nail polish blogging.  It's a place to ask questions, find support, etc about blogging about polish as a hobby.

Now as I've said before, I'm not much of a nail artist.  I love looking at it, but most times I'm just not patient enough for something really complicated unless I'm in the mood, so today I did what I can only describe as spooky eyes in the dark.  I saw this on Pinterest, but of course there was no source.

spooky-eyes-in-the-dark-halloween-nail-art

spooky-googly-eyes-in-the-dark-halloween-nail-art

spooky-googly-eyes-in-the-dark-halloween-nail-art


To do these, all you need is black and white polish, two different sized dotting tools or a bobby pin and a toothpick, and topcoat!

Step 1: Apply a base coat and black polish (and quick dry top coat if you're impatient like me).

Step 2: After everything is dry, use your largest dotting tool (or bobby pin) to make a pair of white dots on each nail.  You can put them all in the same position on each nail, or have them vary.  It's up to you.

Step 3: Wait for the white dots to dry.

Step 4: Use the smaller dotting tool or toothpick to make black dots on top of the white dots.  You can place the black dots wherever you'd like in the white to have the "eyes" looking up, to the side, etc.

Step 5: Let it the black dots dry and apply topcoat.  Be careful when applying topcoat.  It may smear your nail art a bit.  Some top coats are better than others for this.  I actually like Barielle Manicure extender for this.  I've heard more established nail artists rave for HK Girl topcoat as well.  (If you have any other recommendations, please leave a comment!)

Be sure to check out these other Halloween themed manis!

12 comments :

  1. These are fun! It would be cool if you did some GITD on the eyes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I think this may be the best comment I've ever got lol!

      Delete
  3. I like these! I love simple but cool nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this! It's simple but really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I like to think that they could even be the eyes of kids lost in the dark, wondering what that spooky sound that they heard was! lol Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eye-m Watching You! Hahaha! Sometime simple nail art makes for the best nail art, and you executed this perfectly. I love this! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for visiting!