Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Twinsie Tuesday - Monochromatic Nails (Smoosh Mani)

It's Tuesday!  Today's Twinsie Tuesday post is all about monochromatic nails, so using the different variations of the same color.  For this I decided to try a nail art technique I haven't used before: the plastic bag watercolor/marble also known as the Smoosh mani.  First thing I did was paint my nails white and let them dry.  Then I dabbed some blobs of different color and while still really wet I dabbed my plastic bag on top and ended up with these!

Plastic Bag Marble China Glaze Aquadelic Well Trained Monochromatic


Plastic Bag Marble China Glaze Well Trained Aquadelic


What You'll Need:

  • Ziploc Bag
  • Scissors
  • White Polish.  I used China Glaze Snow.
  • Different colors you'd like to smoosh together.  I used China Glaze Aquadelic and China Glaze Well Trained
  • Your favorite base coat.  I like to use CND Sticky, ORLY Bonder, or OPI Ridge Filling Base Coat.
  • Your favorite quick dry top coat.  I like KBShimmer Clearly on Top or Seche Vite.


Have you tried this method before?  What do you think?  Don't forget to check out what the other Twinsies have come up with!




Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les



Facebook Instagram Bloglovin Pinterest RSS Feed

29 comments :

  1. These look so awesome! I love this marble technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this technique to! Perfect for the lazy lol

      Delete
  2. The smoky effect to the nails are cool here! i must give that technique a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look kind of smoky. I never thought of that.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Im really liking it too. I can't stop looking at my nails!

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful manicure, it almost looks smokey :) It looks perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love this effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Savannah, this looks incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite techniques... It turned out stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful!! I really need to try this technique out because I love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the smokey look, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried this, but it looks amazing! I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is AMAZING!!! I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It turned out really nice, I need to try this too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These colors go great together! Such a neat looking mani!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I am loving these shades right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous! I love the shades you chose, and the overall effect is wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! Did you just dab it once with the bag or a few times?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for visiting!