Thursday, December 12, 2013

Girly Bits Into the Night

I bought Into the Night around a year ago.  As you can see this is one of the older bottles with the crystal on the bottle.  Into the Night has lots of holo glitter in a black jelly base.  Now I'm thinking this was just a batch problem, but there were tiny little pieces of black pigment that hadn't quite mixed in all the way (I noticed this when I first bought the polish) and no matter how hard I shook, it still didn't want to mix in.  On the first coat the little chunks would make streaks, but the subsequent coats covered it up.  The first coat is also really sheer, but it builds up nicely.  Like a lot of glitters it was a little on the thick side, but nothing unmanageable.  I also needed two layers of top coat to make it smooth.

This is 3 coats.



6 comments :

  1. Beautiful Swatch, thanks for sharing.
    I am glad that you were satisfied with the end result.
    The tiny bits of black pigment are definitely a batch issue, although I was not aware of it. I am using a different black pigment now, so it will no longer be a problem.
    I would be happy to replace this one if you would like.

    Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely satisfied. My pictures do it no justice! No need for a replacement, you can't see it at all once everything is said and done, but thanks for offering! That was really sweet of you!

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Why have I never seen it before?!!! Glad the polish worked out despite the issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure but you need it. It would look pretty on you!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for visiting!