Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Illamasqua Rare

To celebrate the beginning of summer, I decided to go bright.  Neon, eye searing, blinding bright.  Of course I had to bring out the neon yellow.

As we all know, neon yellows tend to be extremely sheer and either require a ridiculous number of coats, or a couple of layers of white underneath.  Rare was different.  I used 4 coats, but probably could have gotten away with three.  It started off a bit streaky, but I was fine with it knowing what I could have been getting into with a yellow, and a neon yellow at that.  Needless to say, this started off my summer perfectly.









13 comments:

  1. Wow! Your pictures are to die for! I've never seen anyone capture a neon quite this well. I love this color, I haven't gotten it yet, but it is high on my lemming list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! this is an eye squinter! so bright x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am a new follower!
    Compliments for your blog!

    If you like you can come and visit my blog


    http://nuvoledibellezza.blogspot.com/


    I would be honored to have you among my followers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yellow is amazingly bright, almost had to get the sunglasses out to look at the pictures, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the color! I haven't rocked yellow in a while..you've inspired me to shellac the nails for the weekend in a bright color!

    Check out my blog!
    thishearst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this neon yellow! btw...I gave you the Sunshine award on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Gorgeous neon yellow!
    Come check out my blog!
    http://simplylera.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That colour is stunning!! Your pics are really good quality too.

    You have a wonderful blog, so I will defintily be checking back to read more of what you have to say. Good luck with it (although I am sure you don't need it).

    All the best,
    Voe.
    ________________________________________
    http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect shade for a tennis ball lol

    ReplyDelete