Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Twinsie Tuesday - Inspired by Your Favorite Mug

Hi everyone! Today's Twinsie Tuesday inspiration is my favorite mug.  I have no idea where it came from (my mom bought them for me), but it's definitely my go to for everything, especially hot chocolate and chai tea.  I'm not much of a coffee drinker unless it's in my frapuccino, ice cream, or tiramisu.

For these nails I used the fan brush technique.  For the colors I used China Glaze At Vase Value (I forgot how much this formula sucked!), Essie Greenport, and Elevation Polish Thunder Basin (which came out looking black, but I swear it's brown!).  I love my mug, but this look did not translate AT ALL.  I wanted to incorporate the brown rim in my mani, as well as the random brown dots.  I should have left that out, but I'll definitely try the fan brush mani again soon!  In the mean time, don't laugh!

**Elevation Polish Thunder Basin was sent for an honest review.





Check out the other Twinsie's posts! Hopefully they did better than me!



Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amanda at Amandalandish
Alaina at The Little Canvas

14 comments :

  1. You got the design of the mug spot on! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did a great job with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so cool! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and it matches the mug perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and it matches the mug perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, you matched this perfectly! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you matched these up pretty perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i knew as soon as I saw your nails what mug it was because I have those mugs too.....and they are my favorite! I think mine came from Ross or TJ Maxx and they are my go to for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha then I did something right! That makes sense, my mom loves tjmaxx and ross. I have some bowls that match too. I'm glad someone else shares my love for these lol

      Delete
  9. Beautiful mug and mani!! Great job girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This matches perfectly! When I looked at your nails, I immediately thought of mint chocolate chip ice cream though. Clearly I'm hungry. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this looks awesome! It's very abstract!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for visiting!